Divorce or dissolution is a sad reality of our legal world. The ending of a marriage is always a profound adjustment, and a time of great anxiety. Unfortunately, for the unwary, it can be a time of real danger as decisions are being made which will determine the future wellbeing of you and, if applicable, your children. You need professional guidance, protection and advocacy at this unsettling time.
Washington is a “no fault” state, which means that either husband and wife may terminate the relationship without proving fault on the part of the other side. It involves a division of property, including land and money, and a determination of child support, maintenance, and custody.
We can assist with:
- Asset and income evaluation
- Preparation of Separation Agreements
- Custody Agreements / Parenting Plans
- Child Support
- Assessing alternatives to divorce, including:
- Legal Separation
- Collaborative Law
- Post divorce litigation / planning / modifications
- Paternity / Non-married child support and custody action
- Non parental custody (Third Party)
- Military Divorce
Make an appointment today. Please call for your free 30 minute consultation to meet with a family law attorney to discuss your situation in a confidential and professional setting.
You will discover during your consultation the legal issues surrounding your situation, the proposed resolution and the estimated costs.